10.17.2006

Got it!

Hey.

Baby G and I got off the phone a little while ago from a conversation during which I was informed that WE HAVE THE TICKETS. Newark to LA, 12/29/06. It is official, it is set in stone, and it is both exciting and scary. Thanks to Baby G's folks (Grown G and Mrs. Grown G? Adult GG and his wife? Mrs. Lady T and her husband, Chemical Bridge? I don't know. All for the sake of not being "Google-able") for helping on this integral part of the trip. It would've sucked if we'd had to hitchhike from NY to Cali. While we're in Cali, I plan on having my first "In-n-Out" Burger. I will, of course, blog immediately to share how it was. By the way, I've just decided I'm sticking with Papa and Mama G. Like the three bears. Only she has a sister. We'll call her "Baby G's sister".

Something I've forgotten to mention in previous posts: I've never been out of the country. I went to Canada, once, when I was like 12, and it was really just hanging out for an afternoon on the other side of Niagra Falls with my family. I think we even got McDonald's. Also, I've been to Houston, and believe me, when you take a Greyhound from DC to Houston, it's another country. The panhandlers there are PROS! But I've never been AWAY. Never been west of Texas, either. Baby G, on the other hand, has been friggin' EVERYWHERE. India, Scotland, Mexico, Ireland, Italy, Spain, Amsterdam, England, Canada, the Caribbean, etc., etc. So part of the appeal of all of this for ME is that I get to travel so far away with someone who's done something like this on a smaller scale before. I couldn't feel more fortunate.

I suppose that's it for now. We're still working hard, keeping our heads down and our noses clean. 4 more shifts this week for me, 3 for her.

Wish us luck,
Dizz

p.s. The Mets didn't win the night I typed that previous post. But then they ROCKED the next night. Last night the Bears came back from a 20-0 deficit in the 4th quarter. The BEARS! 2 more months, and I'm bringing the "Super Bowl Shuffle" back for the first time in 20 years. Long live The Fridge.

No comments: